Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I Am

I Am by Ginny Owens
"No, Lord," he said/"You've got the wrong guy./Simple conversation gets me tongue-tied/And you're telling me to speak with a maniac king/I wonder if I've lost my mind?"/"And besides, I am weak/Don't you want someone strong to lead them out of Egypt/When they've been there so long/And anyway they won't believe You ever spoke to me..."/"That's not your problem," God replied/And the rest is history/Chorus: "There's a bigger picture you can't see,You don't have to change the world, just trust in Me/I am your Creator, I am working out My plan/And through you, I will show them I am."/"Now, Lord, are You sure?/He's just a shepherd boy./Too small for battle gear, with a giant to destroy?/What on earth can he do with five stones and a sling?"/"It's not your problem," God replied/"Cause I can do anything!"
I am the first, I am the last/I am the present and the past/I am tomorrow and today/I am the only way
"Great Lord," she said/"I'm just a simple girl./You say that I will bring your Son into the world?/How can I understand this thing You're gonna do?"/
"That's not your problem," God replied-
There's a bigger picture you can't see, You don't have to change the world, just trust in Me.
I am your Creator, I am working out My plan,
And through you, I will show them I am.

No comments: