Friday, September 16, 2005

Q&A

So Kerri sent this survey thing to me a few millenia ago and I saved it for a rainy day...always intending to fill it out and send it back. I never got around to it until now, and it'll let you all in on Dawn-World a little more...

1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A SECOND HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE?
Sunset Beach in NC...and a third on a hillside in Ireland...and a fourth in NYC. (top floor, glassed in penthouse)
2. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?
Pajamas. I don't like my clothes since I had little Christian. My behind is bigger, my hips are wider...and my favorite jeans just don't fit the same. So I love pj's. They're forgiving.
3. THE LAST CD YOU BOUGHT?
The Emancipation of Mimi (Mariah Carey) and 3 Doors Down
4. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?
Every day at 5:11 (I don't know how Christian got this timer) and then for good between six and seven. Oh, sleep, how I miss thee...
5. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?
My coffee maker. Out of absolute need. I mean, did you see what time I wake up? I love that coffee maker so much it'll probably have a stocking on the mantle this year at Christmas.
6. IF YOU COULD PLAY AN INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
The piano. I love the feel of the keys...and the way its voice can just express so much feeling. Also acoustic guitar. Because you can carry it around. And get people to throw coins in a hat while you play.
7. FAVORITE COLOR?
Purple, in all its lovely shades.
8. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR OR SUV?
A sports car, baby. Shiny and fast.
9. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTERLIFE?
Yes. I believe in Heaven and in Hell. I'm glad that they are there- that God is there-, because afterlife means that this life is only a chapter in my story. If death was the end of it all, then life itself would have no purpose. It only makes sense that there is more than this, a bigger view, rhyme and reason and meaning to the span of history and future on this planet.
10. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK?
The Little Prince
11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?
All Four. Snow and Christmas and sweaters and cozy evenings in Winter, the freshness and color of Spring, flip-flops and warm twilights and swimming in Summer, the crispness and leaves of Autumn...
12. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
No question about it. Reading minds.
13. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT?
I am terrified of needles, so no go on the tattoo. The only way a needle will ever come close to me (voluntarily) is if it contains an epidural and I am pushing a human child out of my body.
14. CAN YOU JUGGLE?
Yeah, right. I count myself as coordinated if I make it through the day without bruising myself.
15. NAME ONE PERSON FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK TO.
My elementary school best friend.
16. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE DAY?
Saturday. I feel less guilty if I relax.
17. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR?
A huge double stroller made by Jeep. A couple of toys, a T-Shirt, a hat. An empty grocery bag.
18. WHICH DO YOU PREFER SUSHI OR HAMBURGER?
Hamburger.
19. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER?
Rose. They're simple. Classic.
20. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MEAL?
Breakfast. Coffee, fresh fruit, pastry...
21. DO YOU PREFER DOGS OR CATS?
Cats
22. WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT GOOD LOOKS OR A SENSE OF HUMOR?
Sense of humor- but thank God I found the combo in Zachary.
23. WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT IN LIFE SO FAR?
My babies...hopefully I will get them to adulthood without needing therapy.

There you go. More than you ever asked or wanted to know.

No comments: