Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Things That Make Me Go Mmmmm

Today was grocery shopping day...I thought I'd share some of my current product addictions...maybe because I haven't had lunch yet and I'm hungry. It is 12:30. My stomach is on a schedule, people.

The latest thing I've tried is the Microwavable Digiorno Crispy Crust pizza - the grilled chicken and vegetable. It is absolutely fantastic - and the boys gobble it up (with the red peppers and spinach. that's the magic of saying 'pizza'.)

Squash. Lightly steamed with a bit of seasoned salt...or the good southern way - fried with a crunchy outside...








These tomatoes are seasoned with basil, oregano, and garlic. Sean and I are huge fans of pasta, and the easiest thing in the world is to boil the pasta, sprinkle Parmesan over the tomatoes (bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes[thanks for that Rachel Ray tidbit, Hannah] ), and combine.





What kid doesn't love a juice box? Sean and Christian think that they are the coolest items ever. When they're acting like hard headed toddlers and are showing reluctance to come inside after playtime in the back yard, the words juice box will get them running for the door. And I love these, in particular, because it's fruit juice combined with purified water. I still mix all of their juice with water, to make sure they don't overload on sugar, and I love that Mott's does the work for me. Plus, the boxes are super cute!






If you haven't tried a Blue Bunny single, you should. The ice cream is an out of this world sort of delicious, and the size makes it perfectly portioned...so you can have a sensible indulgence. No guilt!


Crystal Light On the Go Packets...they help me drink enough water and get rid of my craving for soda. I like most of the flavors, but I'm currently on a Fruit Punch kick.






Everyone knows that Cheerios are good for you - and these Fruity Cheerios are still healthy for the kids and particularly tasty. I'm not sure who eats more of them, me or the kiddos...






And last, but certainly not least, a magnificent invention pointed out to me by Carrie - the fat free brownie. Trust me, Carrie and I are the queens of brownie and coffee nights...so we've tested our share of chocolate. When she said that she had tried these No-Pudge brownies made with vanilla yogurt, I was skeptical...but she said that they were good, and so I had to try them. She was right. GUILT FREE FUDGY CHOCOLATE BROWNIES. Does it get any better than that? I don't think so, blogosphere. I really don't think so.










3 comments:

Carrie said...

Mmmmm. You know what's doing it for me today? The basket of fresh strawberries I just picked up at the Farmer's market down the road (benefits of living/working in the country) and on the not so healthy side, the country ham I got there too...That is something that might get me out of bed in the morning - the prospect of country ham biscuits for breakfast!(the pasta thing sounds yummy...)

ms bct said...

Here's my contribution to the food fun:

It's quick and easy and so very tasty.

-Boneless, skinless chicken breasts.

-Chipolte flavored "Mrs Dash"

-Olive oil

-Lemon juice

Marinate chicken in lemon juice and olive oil while you write a blog or something. Heat skillet to medium, with a drop of olive oil. Place chicken on skillet and sprinkle with Mrs. Dash. (I also squirt a little extra lemon too!) Turn, and repeat to other side.

I use thin slices of the chicken breasts for shorter cooking times. But this is delish. I usually couple it with frozen, (and microwavable), broccoli and cheese and a potato dish or a bread of some sort.

This is my new obsession.

Anonymous said...

So was the pasta good? I loved it when i made it. Christian wouldn't even try it would he?