Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Ick.

You know what happens to a person who is taking care of sick people?
Yup. She gets sick.
I don't feel quite as bad as I did yesterday afternoon, but I've got that whole congestion thing in my throat now - so that when I cough, it really and truly feels like I am going to choke and pass out onto the floor.
Which would be bad, for many reasons - the foremost being the children I still have to feed and clean up and stuff.
Too bad there isn't a stay at home mom boss-man to call and demand a sick day. I really want to snuggle into my bed (alone!) with the ipod and the Gail Godwin novel I'm trying to finish. AKA, I'd like to ignore the world until I feel like a functioning human again.
Too bad my boss-men are two and three year olds only concerned with Mommy playing hide-and-seek and Mommy distributing snacks in a timely manner, etc. etc. etc.
Maybe I can send myself into a time-out...

3 comments:

Carrie said...

At least you seem more alive today. Now we are on a countdown to see how long it takes me to get sick.

Luisa Perkins said...

I hope you are feeling better! It's always bad when Mama is sick. Hang in there.

Anna said...

We're both writers, have young children and have families that are sick! Rest is an impossibility when you are the mom! It's always nice to commiserate with someone. Glad to find your site and hope you are feeling better.